Submit your nominations for the 2017 Derbyshire Life Food & Drink Awards
PUBLISHED: 00:00 24 April 2017 | UPDATED: 16:18 19 May 2017
Ruth Downing (Rural Pictures)
Time for you to help us find the Derbyshire Life 2017 Food and Drink Award winners
ANTICIPATION is already in the air as we start to prepare for one of the most exciting occasions on the local culinary calendar, the Derbyshire Life Food and Drink Awards 2017. On 29th November finalists, guests and sponsors will join Derbyshire Life for a lunchtime awards presentation at Casa Hotel in Chesterfield, a luxury four-star hotel with a two AA rosette-awarded restaurant.
Now in its third year, the Derbyshire Life Food and Drink Awards is designed to highlight, champion and offer a showcase for the great and good of Derbyshire’s food and drink industry. Only businesses nominated by you, our readers, will be considered for an award. We want to know if you’ve received a fantastic meal at your local pub or have been impressed by the produce and service at your local farm shop or restaurant.
We have a dedicated website – foodawards.derbyshirelife.co.uk – so you can suggest who you think our judges should be considering. The deadline for submitting nominations is Saturday 10th June. Businesses that have won an award for two consecutive years will be exempt from winning for a third year. Businesses from each category will then be selected by our independent panel of judges from the list of nominations made by you. Those shortlisted will be mystery shopped by our judges before a winner is selected. Good luck!
1. Derbyshire Life Restaurant of the Year: Nominate a local restaurant which offers the best dining experience – from food and service to atmosphere.
2. Derbyshire Life Pub of the Year: Nominate your favourite pub. It should serve good beer, great food and provide a warm welcome.
3. Derbyshire Life Independent Retailer of the Year: Nominate your favourite deli, farm shop, baker or food retailer.
4. Derbyshire Life International Cuisine of the Year: This establishment must showcase the finest quality of international cuisine.
5. Derbyshire Life Chef of the Year: Someone who has devoted themselves to the cause of serving the best possible food within the county.
6. Derbyshire Life Tearoom/Café of the Year: Who serves the best tea or coffee and the nicest cakes in Derbyshire?
7. Derbyshire Life Local Producer of the Year: Anyone within the county producing quality local produce – from butchers and bakers to farmers.
8. Derbyshire Life Food or Drink Product of the Year: Nominate your favourite food or drink product – made by a Derbyshire farmer, producer, retailer or manufacturer.
9. Derbyshire Life Newcomer of the Year: Open to anyone in the food or drink industry who has started a new venture within the last 18 months.
10. Derbyshire Life Family Dining of the Year: Judges will be looking for a restaurant, café or pub which really meets the needs of family dining.
11. Derbyshire Life Outstanding Customer Service of the Year: Service has to be just right — not lacking, but not intrusive either.
12. Derbyshire Life Food or Drink Hero of the Year – in memory of John Jaquest: Who goes that extra mile to make a difference to our local food and drink industry?
To find out more about the Derbyshire Life Food and Drink Awards and ways to get involved, visit foodawards.derbyshirelife.co.uk or contact Kate Wilson at email@example.com /07725 828755 for details about becoming a sponsor of the awards ceremony.