Game recipe - Cajun Pheasant breast
PUBLISHED: 14:53 08 October 2014 | UPDATED: 18:39 13 November 2015
A mild spiced pheasant breast
Prep: 1 hr 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
4 pheasant breasts skinless
2 tbsp cajun spices
100 mls olive oil light
150 mls greek yoghurt
1 tsp honey
Coriander small amount
1. Lay the pheasant breast on a flat surface and using a sharp knife cut horizontally into the thickest part of the breast and then all along. Make this cut 3/4 way into the breast and open up. You will have a heart shape escalope the same thickness all the way through.
2. Mix the olive oil and Cajun spices together with a whisk. Dip each breast into the mix and coat well. Lay the pheasant in a dish and pour over the remaining mix. Leave to marinate for an hour or over night.
3. Peel and deseed the cucumber and grate with a cheese grater. Place the cucumber in a colander and season with salt, leave while the pheasant is marinating. Once the cucumber has been allowed to drain squeeze out the excess water and mix in yogurt, honey and coriander
4. Remove the pheasant from the marinade and scrape of any excess. Season and grill on a medium grill 3 to 4 minutes each side.
5. Serve with the Yoghurt mix It can be served in a baguette or with a salad