6 walks near Monsal Dale
PUBLISHED: 18:40 08 January 2018 | UPDATED: 14:54 03 August 2018
Monsal Head is one of the most iconic sights in the Peak District and the surrounding countryside in the Monsal Dale has some of the finest walks in the country.
Monsal Head and Ashford-in-the-Water
A route packed with lovely views, history and a ‘refreshing’ detour to the charming village of Ashford-in-the-Water.
Monsal Head and Taddington
A very varied walk with three quite steep climbs but well worth the effort as the views over Monsal Dale are quite stunning.
Monsal Head and Litton Mill
An attractive and intriguing walk down the Monsal Trail and back via charming Water-cum-Jolly Dale.
Monsal Trail and Blackwell
A little bit further afield this walk on the Monsal Trail takes in tunnels, wild flowers and a reward of a magnificent view for those who head for the Derbyshire Dales
Ashford-in-the-Water and Great Shacklow Wood
A varied walk crossing fields, following the Monsal Trail, tunnel and Dale before climbing up through the delightful Great Shacklow Wood.
Ashford-in-the-Water and the River Wye
A viaduct and far-reaching views play a prominent part in this scenic ramble.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Ladybower - an outdoor adventure near Sheffield and the Peak District
- HRH The Princess Royal visits the ‘Chatsworth Renewed... Past, Present and Future’ exhibition
- Derbyshire Life magazine December 2018 – out in the shops or available to buy online now
- Win a selection of Bailey of Sheffield stainless steel hand-built jewellery
- Hunters of Derby 90th anniversary open weekend
- Derbyshire’s rich heritage of angling and natural history writing
- Christmas markets in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- Mr Shaw - Derby-based brand combines fashion and football
- The Spotted Calf - how community spirit in Holbrook saved the village pub